It's Monday, again. Hopefully you had an awesome weekend. Tell me about it!
For once, I had some time to relax and catch up with some of my closest friends. On Friday morning, I woke up bright and early for a cool 6 mile run. I love using the Nike+ Running App on my Apple Watch to track my miles and pace. Later that afternoon, we went to grab street tacos at one of my favorite haunts - I'll only reveal the location if we plan a dinner date to go there.
I had a lazy Saturday, but I agreed to take a mini road trip down to Richmond, VA with a friend to see a basketball tournament there. We had so much fun watching some teams face off in the tournament, but best of all.... we went to CookOut! What In-N-Out is to California and the West Coast, Cook-Out is to North Carolina and several Southern states. It's a must visit for me if I'm in an area that has it, much like Waffle House! And yes, I went there, too! LOL
Sunday morning, I watched France win a thrilling victory in the 2018 FIFA World Cup over Croatia. This video of fans celebrating along the Champs-Élysées is absolutely amazing!
This week should be amazing... Ava St. Claire, Jessica Scott, and Lily Renee are all in town. With the right planning, three (or four, or five, or more...) is never a crowd. I'm in NYC from Thursday to Sunday with Allison Rose, as well! I hope you will enjoy yourself and make anyone, or all of us, a part of your plans for the week.
Here are some interesting reads from around the big ole world wide web:
- Amazon Prime Day starts today at 3pm ET! Are you ready?! Here are some of the best deals from Amazon, and other competitive offers.
- After an inspiring World Cup win, French citizens - rich and poor, from all backgrounds - feel united for once.
- Bored of Bordeaux? Use Alexa to help you find the perfect pairing for your dinner meal.
- Look at this heartwarming video from the Thai boys who were all successfully rescued from the cave last week.
- Apparently, Bruce Willis says Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie. Ummmm.....?
- These words about police brutality from an inmate on death row in Texas are striking and thought provoking.
- There's word on the street that Russia is getting ready to make a move on our mid-term elections.
- 22 women win $4.7 billion dollars from Johnson & Johnson, saying the talc in the baby powder caused them ovarian cancer.
- The trade war has begun, and here's what the NY Times predicts it will cost the typical American family.
- I'm totally adding these books to my Amazon wishlist.