How was your weekend? I hope it was amazing, and also that you had a great Monday! It’s almost Wednesday, which means it’s almost mid-week, which means it’s almost the weekend again. Hopefully that gives you something to look forward to?!
Thank goodness I packed most of my fun last weekend into Friday and Saturday, because I spent all day Sunday recovering from a hangover! On Friday, I had a late-morning duo date with Jessica Scott. Is there a better way to prime yourself for the weekend than that? I think not! Jessica is based in Philadelphia, but she comes down to D.C. often and we always catch up (along with Lily Renee, if she’s in town). She’s such a sweetheart and very sociable; plus, she’s gorgeous!
Jessica and I grabbed lunch at Barcelona Wine Bar afterwards, then headed our separate ways for the rest of the day. Later that evening, I went to see Crazy Rich Asians with Allison Rose. If you haven’t seen it, even if you have never read the book, I would definitely recommend going. It was such a fun movie to watch! At the theatre we went to, they were serving Singapore Slings - a touristy gin cocktail mentioned in the book. So yummy!
I have had August 18th circled on my calendar for weeks now… a very fun bachelor decided to host an ultra-sexy night of lingerie and play! Allison Rose (DC), Jessica Scott (Philadelphia), Rowan Byrne (Detroit), Kitty Karlyle (DC), Shae Ashbury (NYC) and I partook in several shots of tequila, a ton of party snacks, a couple of bottles of wine, more than a few bottles of champagne, and each other for the night!
It was honestly what dreams are made of - we had so much fun! Obviously, enough fun to carry me into Sunday… I had to spend the entire day recovering :o( I was only able to muster up enough energy to go to a late dinner with Allison Rose to replenish my body with actual nutrients from food. LOL!
I wish every weekend were that much fun (though I don’t know if I could manage it). You only live once. Gotta make the most of it!!!
In the meantime and in between time, here are 10 links from around the web that might make your conversations more interesting this week:
- Most epic weekends (like mine) inevitably involve varying degrees of sleep deprivation. Is it possible to catch up? Yes and No.
- How to raise optimistic kids in a pessimistic time.
- Google, Apple, and IBM, among others, say they will no longer require applicants to have college degrees.
- As if airline industry profit-mongering couldn’t get any worse: United Airlines will add fees for economy seats at the front of the plane.
- Deloitte says, "Don’t be fooled by the hype."
- 25 Food and Drink trends that seem to be taking over restaurants in 2018. I think the most exciting on this list are dope breakfast sandwiches, instagrammable foods (when they’re good, though), and bigger, better meats.
- A few reasons to get noisy in the bedroom.
- Another food trend: fine dining restaurants are starting to take a hard look at whether or not certain customs are fit for a new generation.
- Online dating has become one of the preferred, and more common, ways to meet a romantic partner.
- Cruises are in again, and here's what you need to know before you jump aboard! (Also.... ummm?! Is this not the perfect extended date!!! How about a 3-5 day jaunt in the Caribbean, or a vacay by land and by sea in the Mediterranean!)