I hope you had a great weekend! Did you do anything exciting? If so, let me know!
I am very much looking forward to this week for a number of reasons… Primarily, because it’s restaurant week! It’s one of my favorite times to check out new restaurants. If you’re stumped on where to go, I have compiled a few suggestions that you may like. But don’t feel limited to just those - there are well over 100 restaurants participating! I have some plans for this week, but I’d love to enjoy a dinner date with you this week if you have time? Just reach out and let’s plan it!
I’m also excited about some cool events I am going to attend this week, and some epic plans for this weekend which includes a hot duo, a movie date, and a risqué lingerie and play party with some super sexy companions.
Anyway, about this weekend: I am so happy to say that Allison Rose is officially a DMV resident. We spent Friday unpacking her new place! Afterwards, I dropped by Best Buns for a self care day with a loaf of monkey bread. It’s my favorite thing.
Later, we went to Smithsonian at 8! It was such an interesting find for my August Date Guide, so I asked her to be my date as a sort of introduction to D.C.! We definitely enjoyed the open bar, snacks, and the photo booth! Can you believe Allison has never been to any of the Smithsonian museums? Please change that by taking her to one on an extended date!
On Saturday morning, I watched the Tottenham vs. Newcastle game before heading to brunch with Margot Miu. I am so glad she took the time to come to brunch with me and I am still gushing over how beautiful she is! She has a beautiful hourglass figure and an even more enchanting personality! Margot is local to Boston, so if you are ever up that way I would definitely recommend taking her on a date. Better yet, bring her back to D.C. She is travel ready!
I was fortunate enough to enjoy a couple of hours in the fine company of an amazing gentleman on Saturday evening. We talked a lot about our travels in Eastern Europe (shared experiences in Kosovo), did some people watching as people dressed up at Otakon, and shared some private time :-) It was a lovely first date, and everything felt so organic! That feeling of unrushed, relaxed intimate time with someone new is exactly why I recommend 2 hours for a first date. I know that not everyone can manage it with their schedule or budget, but it's totally worth it if you can!
I didn’t do much on Sunday because of the planned “Unite the Right” rally in D.C. The weather was rainy anyway, which was very appropriate for the mood that this small and ineffectual, but still disturbing, organized gathering tried to bring into the city. I want to double down on something - I am a non-discrimanatory, disability friendly provider. I recognize we all have differences in opinion and govern our personal lives by our different beliefs. If you ever meet me, or have met me, you’ll know that I am open and accepting. However, I have a zero tolerance for people who affiliate with such a hateful and fearful group. I do not think they should be embraced as a part of our society. I was incredibly sad to know that they chose D.C. as the host city for their planned rally, which took the life of an innocent woman only a year ago in Charlottesville. But I was heartened to see the many people in D.C. who went out and stood up to them. Love is so, so much stronger than hate!
On our lighter note, because I was inside most of the day I was able to catch up on a few things. I watched a couple of episodes of an anime called “One Piece”. It was so entertaining! I cooked dinner at home (butter chicken, rice, and steamed veggies!), then read some insights from some of my favorite organizations. I also finished re-reading Crazy Rich Asians, one of the books I recommended for this month. The movie is out in theaters this week! Are you going to see it?
Here are some interesting links from around the web:
- Beware: this latest scam threatens to “expose your secret” to your spouse, unless you send them $15,000 in Bitcoin.
- It can be difficult for the entire household and family when dealing with a depressed teen. Fortunately, studies show that when your teen is depressed, helping them helps you.
- Many of us have wondered what get’s you banned on Twitter. It seems like even Twitter has struggled to decide.
- Why Robots will never replace human intimacy
- The list of reasons not to go to Australia just got longer: apparently, the world’s most dangerous venomous animals are all there. But I’m going to go anyway… LOL
- Speaking of that trip to Australia… The Points Guy put together this guide on Jetiquette: Avoiding the Chatty Cathy seatmate.
- I’ve always been an advocate for solo time (see my blog on Dining Alone), and here are 7 incredible things that happen when you embrace more of it.
- Applying for a new job? This is the optimum time to send in your CV
- “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land amongst the stars”: Dating edition
- What it’s like to wallow in your own Facebook Data