I hope you had a great weekend ;-) I’d love to hear about it!
This weekend was a blast for me. I had plans to make an amazing dinner on Friday night, but then I realized that someone had stolen my crockpot and that I did not own a dutch oven (both of which I’ve now added to my Amazon wishlist, if you are feeling generous)! I improvised and made my short rib on my stovetop using a saucepan. Braised beef short ribs are one of my favorite things to eat on any menu! I added baby potatoes and carrots, which turned it into a super yummy stew.
Later that evening, I went out partying with my friend Allison Rose - but left the club so hungover that I almost missed my chance to get the “Butter” Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 on Saturday morning. A friend on Twitter helped me make sure I copped those, before I rolled over back to sleep. Feel free to send me your hangover remedies on Twitter… I tried to follow the GQ guide, but still lost an entire 24 hours to an upset tummy, nausea, and a massive headache!
Of course, I still kept up with the World Cup Finals… If you want to check, I am doing pretty well on my bracket, with 3/4 correct picks so far.
(Shout out to one of my followers for starting the hashtag: #PriyathePsychic)
Hopefully, I can continue my lucky streak this week!
Allison and I caught a couple of the games while at the nail salon on Sunday afternoon, then grabbed some tapas afterwards. Just before I went to bed last night, I received news that I had signed a 4 year contract to become a Los Angeles Lakers fan… the #LABron era has begun!
Now that Monday is back, I hope that you’re gearing up for a great week! It’s so funny, yet awkward, that Independence Day falls on a Wednesday this year. The office is divided into two camps for this holiday week: those who have elected to take their time off from Monday to Wednesday (adding onto this past weekend, and opting for a more toned down vacation) and those who are taking vacation time Wednesday to Friday (to add on to the coming weekend with a mid-week turn up)!
I have a super busy week myself, but I would totally make time for you. Feel free to reach out to set up a date!
Here are some reads you may enjoy to start your week off...
- Do you have "Big Dick Energy"? Find out by taking this quiz. (I scored a 75%!)
- If you're reading this and haven't listened to Drake's new album "Scorpion", you're too late! Here are 5 key things he revealed on the album.
- Washingtonian Magazine has revealed its Best of Washington 2018 list.
- This collard greens recipe from The Kitchenista has totally made me homesick!
- Is Dockless Bikeshare doomed to fail like the Chinese Umbrella-share enterprise experiment? Only time will tell!
- I loved this opinion piece in the New York Times about apologies.
- What are the Cavs going to do now that Lebron is gone? Cavs reporter Chris Fedor offers some thoughts for consideration.
- Cookout Rule #1 - Never show up empty handed! Epicurious has 53 side dishes that will totally impress your friends and family.
- Almost everyone is seeking relief from the news. Including me.
- An amazing look at New York before it was New York City.
Happy Independence Day, and enjoy your Work-Holiday-Workweek!!!