Today's my birthday ;o)
How am I celebrating today? I had my favorite breakfast sandwich and a latte from Starbucks for a morning treat. After work, I'll be heading home to take a nap (yep... really!), then I will get dressed for dinner at my favorite restaurant. If you want to make today special, here are some ideas:
- Let's make it a dinner date, complete with a champagne toast!
- Send a gift card for Amazon, Agent Provocateur, Apple, Bordelle, ASOS, or Starbucks.
- Book a spa day for me at the Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, or The Mandarin Oriental in D.C. Alternatively, a gift card for Aire Ancient Baths for future use.
It's a milestone birthday. I'm 25 today, which is a really crazy but fun juncture in life! I'm still not ready to "adult" fully but I definitely get to throw around the "I'm a grown ass woman" phrase more often when someone gets me messed up. I'm slightly annoyed when people ask me for my ID when I order a glass of wine at a restaurant, but then I get a bit paranoid that I am showing apparent signs of aging when they don't ask to see it. I also suppose its time for me to clean up my act as far as my diet goes, just in case my body decides that my butter cake consumption should be met with more consequences.
I am happy to have a small social group with high quality friendships. It feels so much better than being surrounded by people whose motives you have to question all the time.
When I wake up in the morning, I feel excited about the day.
When I lay my head on the pillow at night and say my prayers, I am feeling fulfilled and thankful for what has manifested.
There are so many experiences that I look back on in my life and all of them humble me in their gravity. I've been blessed to be able to consistently beat the odds over and over again from sheer determination.
To date, I've done some great things and I am very proud of myself! I've traveled to exactly 30 countries, obtained my Bachelor of Science with honors, and published research papers. I have a wonderful full time job that I enjoy. I get to spend my free time with my amazing family, friends, and clients.
I still have so many goals to reach and a lot more growing to do, but I want to be present today and appreciate where I am at this time. Some things I've learned 25 years in:
- It's okay for plans to change.
- The easiest way to make friends is to just be yourself; you'll attract the people who are supposed to be in your life.
- Relationships - platonic and romantic -require hard work, a forgiving heart, and mutual respect.
- My first impressions of people and situations are usually correct.
- You get a lot further with sugar than salt.
- Measuring success by material things will always create feelings of jealousy and/or inadequacy; re-framing success in the context of one's character will lead to personal development and a transcendent worldview.
- With very few exceptions, I can do anything... as long as I'm willing to put in the appropriate amount of work.
Some fun tidbits on the significance of Dec. 28 (besides the fact that the world was changed when I was born LOL):
I share my birthday with comic artist and creator Stan Lee, former President Woodrow Wilson, actor Denzel Washington, and Oprah's BFF Gayle King. Porn stars Celeste Star and Roxy Reynolds also share this special day with me!
December 28 is National Chocolate Candy Day.
The Secret Language Name for my birthday is "AMPLIFIED SIMPLE SOPHISTICATION", making me:
What does my day say about me? My birthday, perfectly placed between the two highlight days of the festive season, makes me a Capricorn. If you follow the zodiac, know that I am the archetype of my sign. Being a Capricorn means that I am:
According to a book I own titled Sextrology (and true to form), I am turned on by:
- stripping, teasing
- wearing lingerie, high heels, and garters
- being worshipped
Apparently, Linda Lovelace (Deepthroat) and I share the same zodiac sign. I think being a Capricorn somehow speaks to my determination to master the art of deep throating...